Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Treats!

Dinner was a fall treat, made by my friend Emily's husband Greg, of penne with pumpkin, sage, and sausage at their gorgeous new house. We were hoping trick or treaters would come but only 5 did, and I missed all 5 due to the pain in my uterus! Stupid uterus. The only thing that seemed to make the pain go away were the chocolatey treats we had in the office for the annual Halloween party. I dressed up a Binder of Women! I ran around the office yesterday taking Polaroids of 20 or so women in the office and made the costume while watching The Voice and Dancing with the Stars (and consuming a bottle of wine over trIe two days: Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc). My contribution to the work party were witches hats and homemade mini peanut butter cupcakes with Reese's peanut butter cups and candy corn as a garnish for my work peeps.

Oh, and bourbon at Emily's house helped with the uterine pain. A lot.

This mirena thing better be worth it!

(I'm attaching a picture of my Halloween costume - I have pictures of the inside pages too. If you want to see those I can post them as well.)

3 comments:

  1. Omg i love it! And sorry to hear about your uterine pain. If it helps we only got ONE trick or treater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they were dressed in a realllllllly cool costume!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete