Tuesday, February 12, 2013

28 Days of 28, Day #12

OMGIT'SBEENSOLONGSINCEI'VEDONEANYTHINGONTHISBLOGI'MSOSORRY.

February so far has been flying by! It helps that the 28 Days of 28 celebration has been going on, since I have something to look forward to every day... Here's a recap:

2.1.13 | Friday night sushi to celebrate the first day of 28 Days of 28! And we were given free sake. Awesome.

2.2.13 | Dinner at Percy St. BBQ (a great BBQ restaurant on South Street in Philly), which involved a lot of free stuff - including free shots of whiskey - because we were eating at the bar, the restaurant was slammed, and the one bartender who was working kept screwing up our order haha. After dinner: a Reel Big Fish concert at the TLA (Theater of Living Arts)! So fun.

2.3.13 | Lunch and mondo grocery shopping at Wegmans in Cherry Hill, NJ with Nat and Kevin, and then the No-Football-Superbowl-Food Party, which really just involved "fried" (baked) pickles, mini corn dog muffins, and chili. Then, Wii Mario Kart!

2.4.13 | Group viewing of Downton Abbey in Kira and Will's room and a delicious slice of pecan pie!

2.5.14 | Kevin bought my lunch, and then - when I got home - I split a bottle of wine with Kira. (Yes, like every other Tuesday, as Maya aptly pointed out... but whatever.)

2.6.14 | Lunch with Kate Murphy! And then dinner at Hummus (a little Mediterranean take-out place) and a movie - "Warm Bodies," which basically is a zombie Romeo and Juliet. Weird and funny and silly and sweet. Good soundtrack, too!

2.7.14 | Doctor's appointment, which meant I got to leave work early... but I honestly can't remember if I did anything specifically for 28 Days of 28. Most of what I did this day was prep work for leaving for the Poconos - packing, cleaning, that kind of thing.

2.8.14 - 2.11.14 | POCONOS. It was so, so, so fun. The house was beautiful, the scenery was gorgeous - it was so relaxing, and I still felt like I got to do a lot (I even went hiking in the snow!). We cooked a lot, played games, drank wine, played outside, spent some time in the hot tub... I even had time to do my nails! Awesome. And totally becoming a tradition.

2.11.14 | REAL BIRTHDAY AND THE DAY QUEENIE (QUEEN TANGERINE) CAME INTO MY LIFE. I'm still so shocked by this. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.12.14 | Kevin made Thin Mint Truffles to bring into work in honor of my birthday (he made them at my house yesterday, just so that we could use Queenie!)... and then tonight, I'm gonna go over his house to play cards and hang out and just relax. :)



And that's all, folks! At least for now... plenty to write about after this coming weekend!!!! :D











3 comments:

  1. whoa. i also skipped from 2013 to 2014 in some of those dates. oops! getting ahead of myself a little, here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa dude, i'm tired just reading about 28 of 28! that all sounds so fun and what a great idea. your nails look awesome! i noticed them today during sister skype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the house even has a name!

    ReplyDelete