Today was my 4th bootcamp workout! I have survived my first week of bootcamp! Woo!
Today's workout was really fun - we did an AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) of the following:
5 touch run (30 meters)
15 pushups (from the knees, hands free - meaning, at the bottom of the pushup, I have to lift my hands off the ground (when my chest is resting on the ground))
15 sit ups (elbows touch the knees)
20 crate squats (butt must touch the crate between reps)
I forget how much time we had to do this - maybe 25 or so minutes? For every full round (1 set of the 4 exercises), you get 50 points. I got 147 points. I was 3 pushups away from 3 full rounds!
I guess this was also part of some "qualifying" event for the FitWit Summer Games. Apparently, this is a thing - a big thing? - and there will be more qualifying events over the course of the summer.
After the AMRAP, we played a "team" game: we split into two teams and each team had a stack of green, red and blue poker chips. There was a board that listed exercises that would get you green, red, and blue chips... See where I'm going with this? Each chip had a different "dollar" value - green was $10, red was $5, and blue was $20 I think. Each of the exercises in those groups were also of a corresponding, increasing difficulty (red= easy, green = medium, blue = hard). I also don't remember how long we had here, but let's say 25 minutes. Individually, for each set (of each exercise) we did, we could take away one of the corresponding chips from our opponents and put it in our "bank"...We ended up losing spectacularly - something like 500 points (us) to like 1000 points (them...but they did have one more person than our team). So, it was still individual in nature, because you had to do whatever you could, and at your own pace, but the team work comes in because you could help the team collect chips for each exercise you did so you felt extra motivated to keep going. It was fun!
Food-wise, I had turkey taco left overs for lunch AND dinner. They are so dang delicious y'all. I wish you could've tried them.
Weekend-wise, I have tickets to go to a music festival, Shaky Knees, both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately for me, it's supposed to monsoon all weekend. The festival is in a bunch of different venues - mostly outdoors - so on a nice/normal Atlanta day, it would be amazing... during a southern rainstorm, it has the potential to be AWFUL. Cross your fingers that it doesn't rain too hard/for too long. Or, it only rains during the bad bands (not that I'd know who they are...I recognized two of the bajillion bands in the line up hahaha)
Today my ____ is:
- stress: 7/10 (i have a lot of work to do...lots coming up in the next few weeks and I feel behind already...)
- anxiety: 6/10 (not feeling too anxious today)
- energy: 3/10 (feeling a little more energy, but still pretty tired/foggy)
- mental focus: 2/10 (same, still having trouble focusing)
- fitness: 4/10 (i feel sore; the sort of sore that reminds you that you had a good workout - i feel my hamstrings today)
- quality of sleep: 6/10 - I had an okay night's sleep - still woke up and slept into 7:30, which I did not want to do, but i am tired! i guess my body needed it.
- happiness: 5/10
- financial discipline: 5/10.... shaky knees is gonna cost me $100! actually, more than that if i count drinks and food. ugh. and with the rain - oh, btw, we're not allowed to bring umbrellas! wtf. - i don't feel like i'm getting the full value of this experience. bah!
No comments:
Post a Comment