Thursday, March 14, 2013

Time for ketchup! I mean - catch up.

Lots going on recently - and most of my good meals have been due to travels (Denver) or birthdays (Dan) or frozen okra. And then there are pictures of flowers.

1. Denver was super fun, as I mentioned. Ate some vegan meals (though mostly I ordered whatever I wanted and watched Melissa eat vegan haha). Some notable meals: Dushanbe Tea Room, where they had the weirdest assortment of food - I had a sort of chicken korma and Melissa had some pad Thai typed dish (except it came out with blue cheese crumbles on it??). Also of note was our meal at Linger, which is a restaurant that specializes in street food - so I got masala dosa!

2. Dan's birthday was on March 7th, so a bunch of us went to an Italian restaurant in south Philly that has SUCH good food. It's a fixed price menu - when you sit down, they have house wine and a veggie antipasto plate on the table. They then bring out all these different courses: soup, salad, pasta trio (three pastas in three different sauces), entree which we could choose (I went with some type of stuffed pork), and then dessert and dessert liqueur - they just left bottles of limoncello and amaretto on the table and we poured as much as we wanted. Yikes.

3. Philly Flower Show was in town during the first two weeks in March, and my boss gave me two free tickets, so Kira, Will, and I went. The theme was Britain - and it was so amazing. They had some really beautiful exhibits - like one of a cricket player and house or another of the Hogwarts Herbology classroom [!]. They even did an exhibit called "Simply Fascinating" where they recreated hats worn by royal ladies completely out of flowers! It was a really nice way to spend a morning, walking through the flower show.

4. Last night, I made Indian food! (Barely.) on the menu: tandoori chicken, fried rice, okra, and raita. Everything turned out well, except the okra was way spicier than when mommy makes it... So maybe I'll get it right the next time. Haha.

The end.











3 comments:

  1. for the record, i wrote this while i was falling asleep... i woke up at one point and realized i was typing gibberish on my phone haha. i fixed it, though! it all makes sense now (at least, i think so).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! Were there any downton abbey references at the flower show? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! you know, not that i saw - but i missed a whole section of the exhibit where they had recreated dresses from that time period out of flowers! :( a colleague of mine mentioned that to me and showed me some pictures - looked really cool. the flower show can be really overwhelming though haha so i'm not surprised i missed it.

    ReplyDelete