That I had to come back and tell you about it.
I bought organic, vegetarian fed, ground turkey and made turkey taco wraps, using homemade taco seasoning (see previous post for recipe), and garnished with salsa, lime wedges, and avocado slices.
I sautéed a little bit of onion and garlic in 1 tsp of coconut oil. I added the ground turkey (about 1lb), and added 3 Tbsp of my homemade taco seasoning while the meat browned. I let it brown over low-medium heat for maybe 10min? It was nice and crispy brown when I took it off the heat.
I assembled by taco wraps using romaine leaves, added the meat, an avocado slice, salsa, and squeezed a little bit of lime over it. I didn't have cilantro or hot sauce; I bet that would've made it even better.
It's so easy and prob sounds pretty boring but I have to say, this was one of the most flavorful tacos I've ever had! (Well, if I do say so myself). I can only attribute that to really good quality ingredients. Que DELICIOSO!!!


that is my FAVORITE meal these days! and i have only been eating a poor man's version of it. the lettuce wraps... hm, i don't think i would miss much swapping out the taco shells. and the homemade taco seasoning! i thought about it but didn't make the effort to look up a recipe. so i will use yours now!
ReplyDeleteso BOTH of us had neck pains this week? ugh. and i am the wimp who had to go to the doctor's for it, haha. i feel much better. no more acute pain, just soreness, and today was the first day i noticed a real improvement in how much i could turn my head, woo hoo!
i think maybe financial fitness should be on a different scale instead of 1 to 10. like "on track" or "fell off the wagon" (if you felt like you splurged on something you shouldn't have, or realized you made poor monetary decisions regarding your car) or "got suze beat" (if you feel like you did something extra awesome, like refinanced your home for instance :)...?