Having the worst 2.5 weeks of my life probably. Between my neck and my car, I am feeling pretty low. The car leaked out all its coolant at some point on the way home while we were still not far from Vegas, in the Mohave desert. The temperature gauge went to HOT. We pulled over and got towed to the nearest town. We left the car with the mechanic and got a rental to go home. Were fucked up the ass on prices for everything. Thought it would be a $1,000 radiator replacement. Just found out today that the head gasket looks like it's blown too? Getting a price quote on that. Might just leave it in the desert. But, without a car, out thousands of dollars, and feeling pretty damn sorry for myself. Now I have to go do what I meant to start 2 weeks ago, which is plan the itinerary for next week. Sorry Jaya, I don't have anything but some vague ideas on that so far. To be honest, not looking forward to having D here at this time, I fear we will spend all week arguing about purchasing a brand new car for me, which I most certainly cannot afford.
OMG! If D starts bothering you about buying a car, you should tell him to fucking buy one for you if it's so important to him (but that's just my opinion). Though, with that said, I don't think he'll be shitty about it (but I guess you never know). Does your insurance cover anything like this? (I don't even know if it's worth it?) What can I do to help?? I'll call you later to discuss this.
ReplyDeletei agree with maya - i don't think he'll be shitty about it either. and he'll only have a few days to be shitty about it with you before i get there and distract him from all of that! i promise.
ReplyDeletealso, do you want me to start coming up with some of ideas of things we can do while we're all out there? i have no problem helping out with that :)
oh jaya - you should start a google doc!
ReplyDelete