I have a couple of things to say.
1. I have been terrible about updating the dinner b-log. I have made a new year's resolution (starting today, as the first day of the second Obama administration) to be better about that.
2. My cyst is flaring up again (which apparently it does every 1.5 years on the dot)... but this time I am going to see a doctor about it before it actually becomes infected and inflammed and I want to die. Appointment made for Thursday morning. Here's to being a real adult. :)
3. I am wearing a skirt that has Dalmatians on it. Pictures to follow.
4. It is 24 degrees outside. It was 19 degrees this morning, when I walked to work. I will not be walking home.
(Oh, and if you were wondering, I changed into the Dalmatian skirt when I got to work. Wardrobe for the walk in: tights, kneesocks, jeans, boots, long sleeve shirt, sweater, sleeping bag coat, gloves. NO HAT. STUPID JAYA. NO HAT. But that will change tomorrow, as I will add the fur-lined Elmer Fudd hat to the mix. Because tomorrow is also going to be a high of 24 degrees. F this.)
I support today being a new New Year's Day. Carry on. Did you know that in 199 days I will be 35 years old? Oh, sweet baby jeebus. As a soon to be over the hill old ass person, well in 199 days anyway, I'm glad you're going to the doctor! Is there anything they can do to permanently take care of this?
ReplyDeleteYes... go to the doctor! And don't use hemorrhoid cream, for god's sake! (just kidding) Also, while you're being an adult, go to the dentist (do you?)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the dalmatian skirt!! Such a cute print!
Remember last winter when there was NO occasion to wear the furry hat?
This post is making me want to write a serious New Year's resolution post myself.
So... speaking of new year's resolutions... I may or may not have started a blog about mine.There may (someday, not yet)be "before" and "after" pictures of me a bikini celebrating reaching my goals. No one knows about this except for Henry and Bennett. And now you guys. Ssssshhhhh.....
ReplyDeletethere's a surgery that i can get to permanently get rid of the cyst (as far as i know), but the doctor i spoke to years ago about it basically said it's not worth it unless the flare-ups become more frequent than every year and a half (because the recovery time for the surgery is something like three months, during which i would not be able to sit down).
ReplyDeleteand... i need to go to the dentist. and the gyno. and the eye doctor (though i did that last year, so really, that's me just trying to maintain and have regular appointments).
annnnnnd BLOG!!!! maya! that's awesome. no need to show us until you're good and ready (if you ever want to show us), but know that we're in your corner! :D
2013: The year shit gets done!
ReplyDelete