Friday, January 18, 2013

Wed Eats Food and Thurs Eats It

Two nights ago, Wed, Tara came over and we had dinner of homemade spring rolls by Tara, and chole, egg curry, and puri by me. I used the crap out of the rajis kitchen cookbook! It all was a hit, esp the egg curry. I would make some notations to the puri recipe as follows: the proportion of flour to water is about 2:1; using 2 c of flour yields 4 servings; optionally can add 1 tbsp melted butter. Also I used about half the amount of garlic called for in the egg curry recipe bc I didnt have enough and it was still great!

Last night we had the leftovers. This followed my bike ride, which ended in a crash when I was still only halfway home. I lost control of the bike somehow and flew over the left handlebar, and hit the concrete hard on my right shoulder and head! And i wasnt wearing a helmet. I will not go on a bike ever again without one. It hurt and Im scraped up in a few places and still sore in my shoulder today. Head seems fine. I called Tara who luckily was around and she drove out and took myself and Russ' now-busted bike home. :-(

Im including pics of Wed dinner and a shot during my bike ride, pre-fall. I took that picture using Runkeeper but I have no idea how to make it actually post somewhere on Runkeeper.

5 comments:

  1. OMG ARE YOU OK???!!!! Holy crap that must've been so scary! (Also, thanks for the puri ingredient quantities! I somehow only had the ingredients but no amounts for that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! hello! are you okay??? i'm having flashbacks to when we were kids in teaneck and you did the same thing... took a spill on your bike and hit your head on the curb and were bleeding... i'm not making up memories, am i??

    wear a helmet, please. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm ok! It was scary, and I'm still hurting (my shoulder mostly, and I can't bend a couple of my fingers all the way yet), but I'm getting better. And I'm not scared to get back on a bike again, although I will most definitely be wearing a helmet next time. And I will be riding at a snails pace. Yeah... it reminded me of that spill I took on Canterbury Ct too!

    Maya, I would revise what I said about the puri on second thought and say that the water should be a *little less* than 1 cup for every 2 cups of flour (I used exactly 1 to 2 and the dough was way too sticky and it messed up the flattening process).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! I had a spill on Canterbury Court too - I hit the sidewalk incorrectly (it was really uneven), flipped over the bike, and hit my head against the tree that was in front of Jason's house.

    Chaya, do you have any headaches or anything? Head injuries are no joke - have you thought about getting it checked out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, no headaches or anything. Just the usual pre-existing short term memory problems!

    ReplyDelete