Still in Mexico. Tonight's meal was Mexican pork carnitas (literally, "little meats"), cilantro lime rice, and assorted Mexican-themed condiments (salsa, sour cream, cheese). All from my girl, Gina, who writes the skinnytaste blog. We tweet occasionally.
So my picture is really bad because I got so excited to eat the meal that I forgot to take a pretty picture of it first. Oops. (Jaya I also included a picture of the scallop edged tin.)
I made the carnitas with my slow cooker - what an awesomely underutilized tool in my kitchen. It took me 15 min to prep the night before, 5 min in the morning, and then when I came home from work, my apt smelled unbelievable and dinner was ready! So easy. I really need to find/add more slow cooker recipes to the mix. (I've seem some pins that link to slow cooker recipes that you prep for way in advance - you prep and store all the ingredients you need in a large ziplock bag, throw it in the freezer till you're ready to cook. When you're ready, thaw it and throw in the slow cooker! That might be an activity for later this winter.
Mexican pork carnitas: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/mexican-slow-cooked-pork-carnitas.html?m=1
Cilantro Lime Rice: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/chipotle-cilantro-lime-rice-4-pts.html?m=1



I just bought a proper 6 quart slow cooker and I am really really excited to start using it. But I'm kind of like... uh-duh... about it - where to start? Now, I know!
ReplyDeleteAlso, cilantro-lime rice, mmm, just like chipotle?!
I just tagged you in a pin for some slow cooker recipes - but here's the link as well: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/crock-pot-recipes.html# Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteOh, and yes! just like chipotle!
ReplyDelete