Monday, November 12, 2012

Meatless Monday...in Mexico

I thought it might be fun to explore other cultures while b-logging about my dinner time meals. So, this week, I'm traveling to Mexico!

Since it's Monday, I also wanted to find a meatless dish so I scoured my favorite food blog sites and found Skinnytaste's Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas. These are delicious, *very* easy and quick to make, and surprisingly filling. I made 4 of them and had 2 for dinner. The other 2 are lunch tomorrow!

According to Wikipedia, "Enchilada is the past participle of Spanish enchilar, "to add chile pepper to", literally to "season (or decorate) with chile."

Yeah, I couldn't find anything else of interest on the enchilada wiki page. Oh well, maybe tomorrow's dinner time voyage will be more interesting. I'll settle for tonight's being delicioso!

Here's the recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/cheesy-zucchini-enchiladas.html?m=1



2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Will look at the recipe. Why going Meatless on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very easy to make. Hmm..no real reason (for meatless Monday). I have read some things recently that discuss the health benefits of having a predominantly veggie diet so meatless Monday is my attempt at that. I have no interest in being full blown veggie but I can do a better job of having more veggie meals.

    ReplyDelete