I forgot to take a picture. I always forget to take pictures. :( But here is a list of what we ate at The Mildred for Dena and Linh's birthdays:
- hand-spun chitarra with braised cockles, bacon & beer
- braised oxtail with barley and parsnip risotto
- oven roasted quail with braised lentils & beetroot
- traditional bouillabasse meant for sharing, scented with pernod & lemon
And maybe something else, but I can't remember right now. Basically, it was delicious and also pretty expensive haha. Was the first time I had ever had bouillabasse - really delicious!
Saturday
My dinner plans were a little haphazard on Saturday - I had to work in the afternoon (we were having Open Houses at Drexel, and I had to give a presentation), so Kevin and I had a late lunch (a bacon cheeseburger with a Yards Brawler beer for me at a pub near Drexel) and then we went to a surprise party for one of his friends from college who lives outside of the city. It was a super fancy party at this couple's SUPER NICE house - a wine-tasting party complete with a chef and server who would bring out different little finger foods (salmon balls with arugula salad, corn and asparagus fritters, and turkey burger sliders, to name a few) to go with each wine course. We ended up having three different types of wine - viognier, shiraz, and something else that is escaping me right now - and it was really fun! I was definitely the youngest person there haha - which I think was gratifying for Kevin, since he always hangs out with my friends who have dubbed him "the elder statesman" (especially after finding out that he saw Nirvana in concert).
Sunday
Chinese takeout from Cho Cho San (yeah again) while watching the Firefly marathon on the SyFy channel. (Chaya are you excited for me?? I loved it.)
Monday
Firefly! Woo hoo! I saw tons of Firefly on the guide here this weekend too but it was on the "Science Channel", not SyFy and I don't get that. Actually what do I care, I own the DVD's, haha.
ReplyDeleteWow that sounds like amazing food - all weekend long! And *ahem* I take offense to the elder statesman comment! Aren't Kevin and I around the same age?)
ReplyDeletehaha yes, you and kevin are the same age - he's october '78. and don't be offended - i don't think YOU'RE an elder statesman. just him.
ReplyDelete